Saturday 4 April 2015

In-Form Oshoala set to make a difference


Reigning African footballer of the year, Asisat Oshoala arrived in the Nigeria camp in Abuja on Friday night ahead of next weekend’s All Africa Games (AAG) qualifier against Mali.

Nigeria’s Super Falcons drew 1-1 with the Malians in the first leg of their AAG qualifier two weeks ago in Bamako.
Oshoala who missed the first leg is now set to do business against the Malians in the second leg on
April 10.
“I feel happy again meeting my teammates, all again-old time friends. It’s been awhile, about three months or so,” the Liverpool Ladies attacker said.
“When I came in, all of them came out to welcome me. I am looking forward to the task ahead, that’s what brought me back to the country.
“I am not here for jokes or to make friends. I am here for business against Mali next weekend.
“I am ready for training. I will not promise to score against Mali next weekend because I am not one to make promises.
“The only thing I can say at this moment is that I will give my best and if the goals come, then we will thank God for it,” she said.
Oshoala finished as top scorer and best player at the 2014 Fifa U20 Women’s World Cup in Canada.
She followed that up with a superlative performance at the 2014 Africa Women’s Championship (AWC) in Namibia where she was also named as Most Valuable Player (MVP).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES