Tuesday 3 March 2015

Offiong seeks first title at Lagos ITTF Tour


Portugal-based player, Edem Offiong, has said she is poised to win her first International Table Tennis Federation World Tour, Lagos Open title as the tournament serves off on March 10. Offiong reached the women singles final of the maiden edition in 2013 but
crashed out in the quarterfinal last year.
However, the player said she was going for the ultimate prize this time. The player who did not also get far in the women singles of the last ITTF Africa Senior Championship in Cairo, Egypt, vowed to make amends at the Lagos Open.
She said she was going to do her best to end the dominance of the Egyptians. “I am well prepared for this tournament because I am determined to do better this year. After the disappointing outing in Cairo, I returned to Nigeria and I rested for a week and since then I have been training hard in order to ensure that I make it to the podium this year.

“I am in good shape and I hope the home support will help me this year especially against the Egyptians and Portuguese Chinese-born players,” Offiong said. Offiong, who made it to round of 16 at the 2014 Spanish Open in Almeria said she hoped to use the Lagos Open title to prepare for the this year’s German and Spanish Opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES