Tuesday 16 June 2015

Ogenyi Onazi apologizes for red-card against Chad


Super Eagles midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has apologized to Nigerians for his dismissal in last Saturday's 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad in Kaduna.
Onazi received a straight red for retaliation after the Super Eagles had been awarded a
penalty in the last quarter of the all important encounter following a foul on striker Odion Ighalo in the box. Nigeria were on the ascendancy all through the match but had to end the game with 10 men, a situation that leaves the SS Lazio of Italy star with some regrets.
"That incident (of the red card) is not something I am proud of," Onazi said in a statement posted on his twitter handle and made available to thenff.com.
"I don't have the reputation of losing my head on the pitch, it was an unfortunate event."
The midfielder would then go on to apologize to his team mates and the fans who thronged the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna in large numbers to support the Eagles.
"I regret putting my colleagues, who I left on the pitch, under a lot of pressure including the fans who came out to watch. I apologize for my actions and hope to learn from the experience to become a better person and player,"Onazi added.
Source: thenff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES