Saturday 4 April 2015

I’m still learning from Enyeama – Akpeyi


Daniel Akpeyi has admitted that he is still miles away from Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama.
The Warri Wolves stopper, was called into the senior national team last week, after Enyeama pulled out of the South Africa friendly with back injury.
Akpeyi pulled off a couple of fine saves, to ensure the Eagles remained in the
game.
Ever since then, a lot of pundits have hailed him as Enyeama’s replacement, but he says he is learning from the legend.
“I’m very happy with my performance but I’m still learning from goalkeepers, including Vincent Enyeama and I cannot consider myself as being best yet,” Akpeyi told SportingLife.
“I still have a long way to go in my career and won’t allow the performance of just a match to make my head gets swollen.”
He also used the opportunity to thank the technical crew, for giving him a chance to show what he can do.
“I am grateful to coach Dan Amokachi and the other Eagles coaches for giving me a chance and I will always be ready to represent Nigeria whenever called upon,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES