Monday 6 April 2015

Fresh U23 invitee Ekpai vows to wreck Zambia


Kano Pillars striker Ubong Ekpai has said he hopes to help the Nigeria U23 team overcome their Zambian counterparts in a decisive All Africa Games qualifier next weekend in Lusaka.
The Nigeria U23s are walking a tight rope after they were held to a goalless draw by Zambia in the
first leg of the qualifiers and the return match is fixed for Sunday, April 12.
And the former Akwa United forward said he has been called up by coach Samson Siasia.
"I have been called to the national U23 team. I am always happy when I am called to the national team, I will do my best to see that we beat Zambia and get the All Africa Games ticket," Ekpai said.
He was first called to the U23 camp in 2012 and most recently he was invited to the Super Eagles.
Last season, he scored seven goals for hometown club Akwa United.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES