Monday 20 April 2015

Dele Alli named Football League Young Player of the Year


Nigerian-born England youth international Dele Alli has been named the Football League Young Player of the Year. The award is for players in all cadre of the football league in England.
The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, who is on loan to MK Dons, is the League One club's top scorer
with 16 goals. He expressed his happiness and surprise on the award.

"I am so happy winning this award. It is surprise to me, I thank my team mates for their support. Coach Karl Robinson has done a lot to my career. He has faith in me, trust me, I can't thank him enough," Alli said.
He lost the League One Player of the Year Award to Joe Gardner of Bristol City.
Meanwhile, former Nigeria international Danny Shittu was named the PFA player in the community for the year.
The award was designed to recognised players who are involved in charity in community where their clubs are located.
The Millwall defender emerged the winner ahead of Nigerian duo of Reading FC's Hope Akpan and Leyton Orient's Elliot Omozuzi.
Danny Shittu said he was motivated to help the needy and give hopeless people hope and direction because they listen to players and he know what it means to face hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES