Friday 13 March 2015

Footballer dumps Norway, agrees to play for Nigeria


Norwegian-born Nigerian footballer, Akinbola Akinyemi has dumped Norway and revealed his ambition to play for Nigeria.
The 22-year-old Follo FK midfielder was born in Oslo to Nigerian parents, making him eligible to don the colours of the European country.
My parents are both Nigerians. I’m eligible to play for Norway but I want to play for
Nigeria one day. I would love to play for Nigeria because Nigeria is my homeland, and both my parents are from Nigeria," the player said.
I think my parents want me to represent Nigeria. I was born in Norway, but many Nigerians come to Norway to play football because it’s easier to start their career here and then go to a bigger club.
If Nigeria faces Norway, of course I’ll support Nigeria one hundred percent,” Akinyemi added. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES