Friday 27 February 2015

Nigeria Premier League: Pyagbara sets 20-goal target


Dolphins new signing, Christian Pyagbara, has made a bold call on his personal target saying he wants to score 20 goals this season.
Despite admitting to the pressure of replacing Emem Eduok, who scored 20 league goals last season, Pyagbara said he would shrug off the weight of expectation to put in a massive shift for the
former Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) champions.
“There is pressure but you can’t let that affect you. If I do not score I will provide assists. You do not necessarily have to score many goals but as a striker you have to work hard as you can either score or assist,” Pyagbara said.
"My target however, this season is to score 20 goals.”
The Nigerian under-20 star, who will be thrust with an attacking responsibility by Dolphins head coach, Stanley Eguma, this term, opened up on having to make "a tough decision" quitting city rivals, Sharks for his new employers.
He also explained that the lure of winning trophies was one of major reasons for his switch from the Blue Angels to Dolphins.
“It was not easy but I had to take the decision by going for what I wanted. I had been at Sharks for two seasons and won nothing so I wanted a change of environments.
“I weighed my odds and Dolphins always go far in tournaments so I chose to join them for the Confederation Cup,” Pyagbara, who scored 14 league goals while with Sharks last season, said.
Pyagbara, who fits in better as an attacking midfielder or second striker, has featured for Dolphins in the first leg, preliminary round match of the Caf Confederation against Leones Vegetarianos in Malabo a fortnight ago.
Dolphins lost that game by a goal, and Eguma will now bank on the talented youngster to help turn the contest around in the second leg at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES