Monday 27 April 2015

William Troost-Ekong Comes Out On Top In Battle Against Bartholomew Ogbeche


The Dutch Eredivisie match between FC Dordrecht and SC Cambuur last weekend set up an intriguing individual battle between William Troost-Ekong and Bartholomew Ogbeche.

In goal-scoring terms, it was the ex Holland youth international that won the contest, having prevented Ogbeche from netting his 14th goal of the season, though the encounter at Riwal Hoogwerkers Stadion ended in a stalemate looking at the bigger picture.
 
William Troost-Ekong might have stolen the show, with the pundits naming him Man of the Match, but the Olympic National Team invitee admitted that the ex-Super Eagles striker proved a tough customer.
 
''Bartholomew Ogbeche is a very smart player and strong so I had to keep focused throughout to make sure I kept the upper hand and he couldn't score,'' said Troost-Ekong to SL10.ng.
 
''I've developed a lot this year and gaining experience playing against strikers like Ogbeche only accelerates that process.
 
''After this season, I am ready for the next step in my career.''
 
With FC Dordrecht certain to be playing in the second - tier come next season, the former Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur youth - teamer is still motivated to be delivering the goods as he wants to attract the attention of other clubs.
 
''I want to carry on my good form to show what I am capable of to the teams watching me for next season,'' Troost-Ekong concluded.
 
The 21 - year - old stopper, who becomes a free agent in the summer, is on the radar of teams based in the United Kingdom and Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES