Wednesday 22 April 2015

Quadri ready to shine in China


Nigeria’s top table tennis player, Aruna Quadri, has said that he is ready to take on the rest of the world as the International Table Tennis Federation World Championships serves off in China this weekend. The player told our correspondent in an exclusive interview that despite the financial crisis affecting Nigeria’s trip to China, he was ready to leave his base in
Portugal for the tournament.
He said that although it was demoralising that government was yet to release funds for the tournament, he would still travel to the Far East and challenge for the honours. “I have been preparing so hard for the world championship. I don’t know if Nigeria will come as a team but I have already bought my tickets. I will travel soon and will do my best there,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES