Wednesday 25 February 2015

Quadri to dump Portuguese club


International Table Tennis Federation Star Player of the Year, Aruna Quadri, is eyeing a move away from his Portuguese club, GD Toledos. The player has played an influential role as Toledos continues to dominate the Portuguese league.
He has led them to both the Portuguese League Cup and the Portuguese Super Cup. He said that that he was happy to have done well at Toledos since he moved to the club from
Nigeria and he said time was ticking for him to pursue a fresh challenge elsewhere.
“Yes, it’s true that I want to leave my club because I must take a step forward in my career. I want to take up fresh and even more difficult challenge.
I can tell you that offers have started coming and I will take my time to choose the best one. But what is certain is that it must be over next season in Portugal,” he said.
The player has become a big role model to youngsters in the game in the country and he said the younger ones would also blossom like him if they were given opportunity and support.

“The younger ones in the team must also be giving opportunities to grow and get more experience and more exposure. But the older ones and the veterans must give that chance because without that there will be no new talents,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES