Friday 24 April 2015

QUDUS LAWAL SHINES FOR SEATTLE SOUNDERS


Unknown Nigerian striker Qudus Lawal was the hero of Seattle Sounders second team as he dazzled and scored a brace in his first start. After falling behind by a second minute goal against Tulsa Roughnecks, the 19-year-old Nigerian scored two goals in seven minutes in a
game Seattle Sounders lost 3-2. Lawal was elated by his performance.
"The coaches and my teammates have been there for me, and getting those goals was part of paying them back for their help to get me to that point," he said.
"The coaches told me that’s what they want me to do, just keep putting the ball in the net.
“Even though I’m not quite at the next step yet, I’m close, and if I keep working hard the goals will come."

The team's coach Ezra Hendrickson commended the Nigeria youngster for his performance on his first start for the team.
"Qudus is a really good young talent," said Hendrickson. “It was good for us to see him get out there in a tough environment and really provide some quality for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES