Thursday 2 April 2015

Abolaji targets glory in Mauritius


One of the star athletes for Team Nigeria at the last African Junior Athletics Championship in Ethiopia, Omotayo Abolaji, has set her sights on winning gold at the African Youth Athletics Championship in Mauritius. Abolaji was part of the 4×100 metres relay team that
won gold in Ethiopia.
“I have been training hard for the championship because I want to win my first individual medal at the competition,” she said. “My performance in Ethiopia gave me the confidence that I can do it and with hard work and God on my side, I will make it in Mauritius.”

The youthful athlete said her focus was to excel at the competition. Looking forward to joining her teammates in camp soon she said: “I am waiting for the federation to open camp so that we can start preparation in earnest. The time is short and hopefully we can resume camping this week.” The youth championship has been scheduled to start on April 22 in Mauritius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES