Friday 17 April 2015

AAG: Portsmouth striker Ini happy to pick Ticket


Super Falcons’ striker, Ini-Abasi Umotong has hailed her teammates for picking the All Africa Games, AAG ticket, even as she said she looks forward to joining them for the World Cup in Canada later this year.The Portsmouth FC striker, who spoke from her base in the UK, said she was elated when
she heard the news that the Super Falcons have picked the AAG ticket.
"I was so happy when I heard we had qualified. I was messaging the team in camp to find out more details and to congratulate them. I’m so proud of the girls."
"I would really love to join them and I'm doing everything I can to make sure I'm in good shape and form for the World Cup in Canada, if I get selected" she enthused.
Umotong was part of the team that drew 1-1 in the first leg of the qualifier in Mali. She however, was disappointed that she was not part of the 8-0 drubbing of the Malians in Abuja, but expressed joy that the job was well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chi Adz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Women in sports

TOP STORIES